HomeHome PageFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Navigation
:::Home Page
:::Forums
:::Roster
:::Ranks & Medals
:::Scrims
:::Ban List
:::X-Fire Page
:::Steam Page
:::Rules
-----------------------
:::X-fire
:::Steam
:::TeamSpeak


Top posters
y0da (2932)
 
a baby (1522)
 
Sn3aky (1495)
 
Dragon (1425)
 
Spitfire (937)
 
Dark (879)
 
SilK (873)
 
charliebrown (845)
 
Redeye (823)
 
coke (700)
 
Donate
Support .uNop:: and donate today!

Total Donated since 2008: $500.02

Current Balance: $84.68
Amount to go: $0.00

--------------------------



-------------------------
-Donations-
Seib - $149.00
Dragon - $130.62
GiveMeYourPie - $56.95
a baby - $40.00
y0da - $37.00
Andrej - $21.52
Achilles - $20.00
Zohan - $15.00
Spectre - $10.97
Fox - $9.41
impY - $9.55
Sniperkitten - $5.00



Share | 
 

 Connection Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrej
SSGT
SSGT
avatar

Number of posts : 72
Location : Byron, Michigan
Origin ID : Thisisandrej

PostSubject: Connection Problems   Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:15 am

This has been a long time occurring bug for me and Grandmasboy for some time now. It's been effecting us since CoD4 first came out and even in CoD5.

Okay, Grandmasboy (aka Brad) brings over his comp regularly and hooks up to our network because the he runs dial up or DSL at his house, and we use a high-speed bandwidth. Anyway, we both own our own copies of the game with their own CD key's right, no problem.

But for some reason when we both try to join the same server, there's like a 1 in 20 chance of both of us successfully being able to connect to it, and it's for all servers not just the uNop server.

What usually happens is lets say Brad is playing on a server and I put in the IP to join him. I go to the "Connecting...#" screen, and then on his comp he has "Connection Interrupted". Then after it ticks to 10 on my screen it says fail to connect, and on Brad's it says Server Disconnected.

I have no idea what could possibly be effecting our connection like this. (and before the latest patch, it would say connection interrupted when the other person would just refresh his server list. LMAO) If anyone can help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it it. This problem has plagued our game play for long enough. lol

...If this problem can't be fixed then when both of us need to be on, one of us might be screwed out of playing unless he's willing to play on his slower internet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/thisisandrej
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:29 am

i would try getting another router or something, this way you have two distinctly different IP's
Back to top Go down
y0da
GoA
GoA
avatar

Number of posts : 2932
Location : Cleveland
Origin ID : they0da

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:20 pm

bert wrote:
i would try getting another router or something, this way you have two distinctly different IP's

That's what I was going to suggest

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.unop.co.nr
Andrej
SSGT
SSGT
avatar

Number of posts : 72
Location : Byron, Michigan
Origin ID : Thisisandrej

PostSubject: Thanks   Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Okay thanks for the suggestion. Smile I'll try to get my hands on another router.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/thisisandrej
Sn3aky
Member Pvt
Member Pvt
avatar

Number of posts : 1495
Location : Atlana Georgia
Origin ID : fallout17

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:00 pm

andrej wrote:
This has been a long time occurring bug for me and Grandmasboy for some time now. It's been effecting us since CoD4 first came out and even in CoD5.

Okay, Grandmasboy (aka Brad) brings over his comp regularly and hooks up to our network because the he runs dial up or DSL at his house, and we use a high-speed bandwidth. Anyway, we both own our own copies of the game with their own CD key's right, no problem.

But for some reason when we both try to join the same server, there's like a 1 in 20 chance of both of us successfully being able to connect to it, and it's for all servers not just the uNop server.

What usually happens is lets say Brad is playing on a server and I put in the IP to join him. I go to the "Connecting...#" screen, and then on his comp he has "Connection Interrupted". Then after it ticks to 10 on my screen it says fail to connect, and on Brad's it says Server Disconnected.

I have no idea what could possibly be effecting our connection like this. (and before the latest patch, it would say connection interrupted when the other person would just refresh his server list. LMAO) If anyone can help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it it. This problem has plagued our game play for long enough. lol

...If this problem can't be fixed then when both of us need to be on, one of us might be screwed out of playing unless he's willing to play on his slower internet.

I suggest stopping the internet pron download ;)
jk but yeah Since I really dont know you might listen to virus or yoda
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrej
SSGT
SSGT
avatar

Number of posts : 72
Location : Byron, Michigan
Origin ID : Thisisandrej

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Well, I asked my dad if we had an extra router and also explained my situation to him. Well, he didn't like the idea. REALLY didn't like it. lol Apparently it fix the problem and create two different IP's that would mean setting up a whole new network.

I still don't know what would work and what won't. I almost want to say that the problem came from the CD keys. I don't know if it's possible, but on the computer I've been using to play, I switched changed the key before to Brad's key. (If you ever do that, remember to save your profiles somewhere because once you try playing it it resets the characters stats. Learned from experience.) That way I could play with one of my brothers on another computer. But it's been back to my original key for a while now. Do you think it's possible CoD thinks we might have the same key still? But wouldnt' that mean Punkbuster would kick us instead of timing out, right?

If this has been a problem since like CoD 2, and if it continues on to MW2 I'm going to be ticked. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/thisisandrej
Sn3aky
Member Pvt
Member Pvt
avatar

Number of posts : 1495
Location : Atlana Georgia
Origin ID : fallout17

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:25 am

Do you have Your internet routers tech support number
Some of those guys aass holes
The other really know what there doing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
..Virus..
2LT
2LT
avatar

Number of posts : 267

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Tell your friend to connect to his dial up, open a browser page, and then start COD4 multi. shouold experience less lag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:50 pm

andrej wrote:
Well, I asked my dad if we had an extra router and also explained my situation to him. Well, he didn't like the idea. REALLY didn't like it. lol Apparently it fix the problem and create two different IP's that would mean setting up a whole new network.

I still don't know what would work and what won't. I almost want to say that the problem came from the CD keys. I don't know if it's possible, but on the computer I've been using to play, I switched changed the key before to Brad's key. (If you ever do that, remember to save your profiles somewhere because once you try playing it it resets the characters stats. Learned from experience.) That way I could play with one of my brothers on another computer. But it's been back to my original key for a while now. Do you think it's possible CoD thinks we might have the same key still? But wouldnt' that mean Punkbuster would kick us instead of timing out, right?

If this has been a problem since like CoD 2, and if it continues on to MW2 I'm going to be ticked. lol

if you get a second router you dont have to re-do the network, i do it all the time when i get my buddies over, i just plug it in and run the cables to theirs and bam done, and its defiantly a internet/network problem because you are timing out
Back to top Go down
Andrej
SSGT
SSGT
avatar

Number of posts : 72
Location : Byron, Michigan
Origin ID : Thisisandrej

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:06 am

Well last night when we played with different routers and it still wouldn't work. The only time it did work was right after restarting both computers and joining the server at the same time. Razz

If it is our router/internet that's the problem my dad will be in denial. For some reason, I always have to be wrong. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/thisisandrej
Dragon
Advisor
Advisor
avatar

Number of posts : 1425
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Try introducing an organic substance with its structural integrity


(Original:

Scanner works! scanner wooooorrrkss!!
how did you make it work?
its very very technical and scientific, involving the introduction of organic substance interfacing with its structural integrity
i whacked it really really hard
)

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:35 pm

check the IPS on both PC's if they are the same you need to use another router to change it, if it isnt then your SOL bc i cant help ya lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   

Back to top Go down
 
Connection Problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Connection problems.
» MHFU PSVita to PSP Issue *SOLVED*
» DARKSEID BAF Problems...
» AA problems
» Internet connection problem

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.uNop:: :: Guest Section :: Comments-
Jump to: