HomeHome PageFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    Navigation
    :::Home Page
    :::Forums
    :::Roster
    :::Ranks & Medals
    :::Scrims
    :::Ban List
    :::X-Fire Page
    :::Steam Page
    :::Rules
    -----------------------
    :::X-fire
    :::Steam
    :::TeamSpeak


    Top posters
    y0da (2932)
     
    a baby (1522)
     
    Sn3aky (1495)
     
    Dragon (1425)
     
    Spitfire (937)
     
    Dark (879)
     
    SilK (873)
     
    charliebrown (845)
     
    Redeye (823)
     
    coke (700)
     
    Donate
    Support .uNop:: and donate today!

    Total Donated since 2008: $500.02

    Current Balance: $84.68
    Amount to go: $0.00

    --------------------------



    -------------------------
    -Donations-
    Seib - $149.00
    Dragon - $130.62
    GiveMeYourPie - $56.95
    a baby - $40.00
    y0da - $37.00
    Andrej - $21.52
    Achilles - $20.00
    Zohan - $15.00
    Spectre - $10.97
    Fox - $9.41
    impY - $9.55
    Sniperkitten - $5.00



    Share | 
     

     Lolz mw3

    View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    y0da
    GoA
    GoA
    avatar

    Number of posts : 2932
    Location : Cleveland
    Origin ID : they0da

    PostSubject: Lolz mw3   Mon May 23, 2011 10:40 pm

    I think this game is going to blow. 3 different studios doing maps, singleplayer, and maps....

    Plus the trailer features the same shit as mw2. Missiles, speedboats, repelling from buildings, and of course... RUSSIANS!! Surprised

    _________________



    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://www.unop.co.nr
    GiveMeYourPie
    Member Cpt
    Member Cpt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 314
    Location : Canada

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Tue May 24, 2011 3:49 pm



    8=====D~~~~~
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    charliebrown
    Member Sgt
    Member Sgt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 845
    Location : Ohio

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:03 pm

    i agree. And best buy is already doing pre orders. WE DOMT EVEN KNOW THE STORY!
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Achilles
    Advisor
    Advisor
    avatar

    Number of posts : 344
    Location : Framingham + Dartmouth, Massachusetts

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm

    saw this at my other clan's forums:


    Already Dead wrote:
    I doubt I will get this one then.....

    Quote :
    Kotaku have been reporting more leaked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 information, shedding more light on Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer mode. As well as new kill streaks and individual perks, there will also be a series of team perks that will confer bonuses to every member of a side.

    There's some bad news, however. Kotaku say that "this latest Call of Duty still won't support dedicated servers, instead relying on the hosted servers found in previous iterations of the game." For an overview of why this is a problem, check out this analysis of host advantage in previous Call of Duty titles

    _________________
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    charliebrown
    Member Sgt
    Member Sgt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 845
    Location : Ohio

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:53 pm

    F THAT^^^^^

    And what happened to a game that could stand alone with single player only?
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    <><
    Member Sgt
    Member Sgt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 26
    Location : Dundee, Michigan

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 pm

    First I wanna say that in my opinion no game can stand alone with single player only. You will get board of it pretty fast. Multi-player extends the life of a game quite considerably.

    Second, I agree with you yOda. The game play looks exactly like mw2 except the setting is in U.S. cities instead. But hopefully the game play is better than the trailer makes it out to be. You never know till the game is out.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    charliebrown
    Member Sgt
    Member Sgt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 845
    Location : Ohio

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 pm

    <>< wrote:
    First I wanna say that in my opinion no game can stand alone with single player only. You will get board of it pretty fast. Multi-player extends the life of a game quite considerably.

    Second, I agree with you yOda. The game play looks exactly like mw2 except the setting is in U.S. cities instead. But hopefully the game play is better than the trailer makes it out to be. You never know till the game is out.

    I disagree.

    A good single player keeps you coming back again, just because you love the characters. One example for me is Dead Rising.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    <><
    Member Sgt
    Member Sgt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 26
    Location : Dundee, Michigan

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:54 am

    I believe that people crave social collaboration to feel a sense of purpose in an otherwise meaningless existence. Multi-player games provide that where as single-player games have no one to confer with in order to feel socially accepted. Therefor good multi-player games like Call of Duty 4 still have such highly active communities and still sell at stores.

    To simplify in case you don't understand, you can't make friends in single-player games. Having friends to share experiences with makes games much more interesting, thus greatly extending the life of multi-player games over that of single-player games.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    SemperFi
    W04
    W04
    avatar

    Number of posts : 225

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:26 am

    NO DEDI SERVERS!!!!! RIPbunny RIPbunny RIPbunny RIPbunny RIPbunny RIPbunny RIPbunny RIPbunny



    FUCK THAT, THIS GAME IS A PIECE OF SHIT, NO JOKE..... If you want clan based support for a game, you have to have dedi servers or else it becomes extremely annoying and hard to recruit.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Redeye
    Member Lt
    Member Lt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 823
    Location : Norfolk, The Land of Tea & Crumpets

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:39 am

    Hey Fish,

    That may be true of FPS games etc, but good RPGs dont need a MP because the SP is good enough to play multiple times and you can spend 40-100 hours on some playthroughs.

    Just look at Mass Effect and Dragon Age Very Happy

    <3 RPG games, fuck BF3 and MW3, I am awaiting Mass Effect 3 the most :O
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://www.notchsark.com
    Lucky...
    PFC
    PFC
    avatar

    Number of posts : 32
    Location : Georgia

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:34 am

    Redeye wrote:
    Hey Fish,

    That may be true of FPS games etc, but good RPGs dont need a MP because the SP is good enough to play multiple times and you can spend 40-100 hours on some playthroughs.

    Just look at Mass Effect and Dragon Age Very Happy

    <3 RPG games, fuck BF3 and MW3, I am awaiting Mass Effect 3 the most :O


    Off Topic: Don't forget SKYRIM!

    On Topic: MW3 will probably be another shitty ass MW2 reskin with a few new changes eg.) Heartbeat Sensor, Silenced Sniper Rifles. Guarantee it will have 2 or 3 map packs for $15 each and then 2 years down the road the game will still be selling for $20+ while Modern warfare 4 is due out. Eitherway if enough of us buy it the rest may just as well why? Because there is seriously shit else in the FPS department besides Battlefield 3...and lets be serious no one likes ONE game and ONE game only...eventually you will get bored and eventually someone will piss you off. So you go play something else ala MW3.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Redeye
    Member Lt
    Member Lt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 823
    Location : Norfolk, The Land of Tea & Crumpets

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm

    Well, why do you think CSS, CoD4 and BC2 will stay popular for a long time?

    Because they were good games rather than re-skins like the current CoDs (which peaked at 4 from what I have seen).

    BF2 looks very nice but when I saw the gameplay, it just looks like BC2 with better graphics and better character animations.

    I'll stick with BC2 for the moment if thats the case...
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://www.notchsark.com
    Lucky...
    PFC
    PFC
    avatar

    Number of posts : 32
    Location : Georgia

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:01 pm

    CSS is because it has nearly unlimited potential with modding and Valve does one hell of an awesome job with keeping that game up to date...they just recently updated the thing with achievements and a bunch of other junk.

    COD4 was the same way modding kept the game alive for way past it's due but it is a dieing game. Mw3 will take even more away and probably kill Mw2 even...while some still remain in COD4, just because of the modding capability...that what makes a game survive for so longer.

    BC2 will more than likely die once BF3 comes out besides the select few that actually like to play Vietnam but even then it'll be pretty much dead.

    The problem is not many old school PC gamers remain everyone is new and like the new games and think just because a new game comes out it means it is now the best damn thing in the world...hell I still played DF BHD up until about 6 months ago...which is as old as the original COD, both of which are pretty much dead games. The competitiveness of games also keep people playing which is why a lot still play CSS as well.\

    The graphics in the new BF3 I don't believe are done yet...I don't think the alpha videos are even running Frostbite 2.0 yet. I haven't seen anything showing destruction which leads me to believe its just a modded BF2 engine at the moment.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Sn3aky
    Member Pvt
    Member Pvt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 1495
    Location : Atlana Georgia
    Origin ID : fallout17

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:05 pm

    Have you guys heard the saying, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it?"
    That situation applies here. Call of duty has always been an ass kicking franchise, and it always will be. It sells, so they know not to fuck with anything. Minor changes, more ass kicking, and multiplayer have always been call of Duty's thing.

    And EVERYONE in this clan agreed that MW2 was going to suck. but we still bought it. I preordered it and I'm proud of it.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    SemperFi
    W04
    W04
    avatar

    Number of posts : 225

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:33 pm

    Redeye wrote:
    Hey Fish,

    That may be true of FPS games etc, but good RPGs dont need a MP because the SP is good enough to play multiple times and you can spend 40-100 hours on some playthroughs.

    Just look at Mass Effect and Dragon Age Very Happy

    <3 RPG games, fuck BF3 and MW3, I am awaiting Mass Effect 3 the most :O


    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    could you mod MW2? NO!
    Was the patches free? NO!
    Has the shooting system been updated since MW1? NO!
    Is there Dedi servers anymore? NO!
    Can a game run competativly on No dedi servers? NO! except for counsul
    Does it feel like the same old bland crap thats just been rehashed together? YES!
    Should we have to pay for the patches? NO!
    Why you think competative gaming is sticking with black ops? Because of dedi servers, and the ability to mod and recruit new members easily with having your own server to kick and ban people.!
    Are you stupid enough to buy a rehashed MW2 remake thats being slapped with MW3 when its just a continue of where MW2 left off when it should be a expansion like united offensive? I hope you guys are not stupid, but then again your pretty naive if you buy into that crap like so many other mediocre games out there.

    Im just putting out what MW2 is, and that how stupid of them to make anouther game when it should be just a fucking expansion pack, dumb shits at activision.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Redeye
    Member Lt
    Member Lt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 823
    Location : Norfolk, The Land of Tea & Crumpets

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 pm

    Black Ops was a flop, but at least it is still a good game (whilst being simular to MW2, it has dedicated servers - the biggie).

    MW3 will be a reskined MW2 and whilst it may kick-ass again on Consoles, PC Gamers shouldn't hold their breath for it being a good game on the 3rd most important gaming platform (before Xbox and PS3)
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://www.notchsark.com
    Lucky...
    PFC
    PFC
    avatar

    Number of posts : 32
    Location : Georgia

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:19 pm

    Sn3aky wrote:
    Have you guys heard the saying, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it?"
    That situation applies here. Call of duty has always been an ass kicking franchise, and it always will be. It sells, so they know not to fuck with anything. Minor changes, more ass kicking, and multiplayer have always been call of Duty's thing.

    And EVERYONE in this clan agreed that MW2 was going to suck. but we still bought it. I preordered it and I'm proud of it.

    MW2 is broke...seriously no dedicated servers is a fucking joke, anyone that tries to argue otherwise is dumb as a box of rocks. One man army+Noob tubes=BROKE! ...and so so much other shit it's the reason i've played it the least out of any COD beside Blops because that shit is seriously so laggy still it's retarded. Of course people will buy it, why? Because it's the only other FPS that is actually worth a damn, besides BF3 which will probably be too slow paced for some idiots that just want to run around and spray and pray like a chicken with its head cut off. Hell everyone once again will say MW3 will suck, but once again everyone will buy it AGAIN...because they is no alternative good enough. Battlefield 3 is going to be too system heavy for a lot of the people(Younger kids who parents still buy the majority of everything for them, because like I said before all the OLDER pc gamers have quit playing.) While MW3 will probably be still run on a dual core with a budget graphics card.

    Yes it's a wall of text...I don't care.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    SemperFi
    W04
    W04
    avatar

    Number of posts : 225

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:38 pm

    Lucky... wrote:
    Sn3aky wrote:
    Have you guys heard the saying, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it?"
    That situation applies here. Call of duty has always been an ass kicking franchise, and it always will be. It sells, so they know not to fuck with anything. Minor changes, more ass kicking, and multiplayer have always been call of Duty's thing.

    And EVERYONE in this clan agreed that MW2 was going to suck. but we still bought it. I preordered it and I'm proud of it.

    MW2 is broke...seriously no dedicated servers is a fucking joke, anyone that tries to argue otherwise is dumb as a box of rocks. One man army+Noob tubes=BROKE! ...and so so much other shit it's the reason i've played it the least out of any COD beside Blops because that shit is seriously so laggy still it's retarded. Of course people will buy it, why? Because it's the only other FPS that is actually worth a damn, besides BF3 which will probably be too slow paced for some idiots that just want to run around and spray and pray like a chicken with its head cut off. Hell everyone once again will say MW3 will suck, but once again everyone will buy it AGAIN...because they is no alternative good enough. Battlefield 3 is going to be too system heavy for a lot of the people(Younger kids who parents still buy the majority of everything for them, because like I said before all the OLDER pc gamers have quit playing.) While MW3 will probably be still run on a dual core with a budget graphics card.

    Yes it's a wall of text...I don't care.

    I agree, I am just sick of how games are being rehashed these days and primary reason why the older generation does not play now. I remember doom 3 ok, That was a awesome game and seemed to be different from any other iv played. The doom series has always had alot of twist and turns, not like Cod where it feels like the same god damn shit thats only been eaten to being puked out to being eated again to be puked out once more. Really I had respect for Cod, but once after MW1, WAW really I think those games are the best still for out of all cod games. BO is ok, but like I like the fact of being a marine in world at war and would of enjoyed it again if Black ops had you being a marine instead of a fricken skitzo maniac.

    I think at least Battlefield is trying to do good, but like It makes me feel like there operating it off the same engine as Crysis 2. I mean Crysis 2 is a great game, but if you want to topple a game without the bullshit of worrying over graphics issues or anything like that make it so you can max the graphics out without FPS lagg. Crysis i remembered failed on that end, hopefully this time from crysis 1 to crysis 2 they learned how to deal with that issue and continue to make good outcomes, and so far it looks like they did on the aspect of Crysis 2. Personally though, Id rather take a game with ok graphics but a Awesome fucking story line that gives a real kick out of my ass out of this chair. Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Redeye
    Member Lt
    Member Lt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 823
    Location : Norfolk, The Land of Tea & Crumpets

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:45 pm

    I think you lost your argument a bit when comparing Doom and CoD.

    Totally different games dude. One is to scare the living sh*t out of you. One is to get people competing on how good their shooting, reflexes and noob tubing is xD
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://www.notchsark.com
    SemperFi
    W04
    W04
    avatar

    Number of posts : 225

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 pm

    Redeye wrote:
    I think you lost your argument a bit when comparing Doom and CoD.

    Totally different games dude. One is to scare the living sh*t out of you. One is to get people competing on how good their shooting, reflexes and noob tubing is xD

    Im talking about FPS in general lol, to me its starting to feel all the same.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Sn3aky
    Member Pvt
    Member Pvt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 1495
    Location : Atlana Georgia
    Origin ID : fallout17

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:41 am

    But you aren't looking at it from the developers perspective. Infinity Ward makes its games with the consoles in mind. Console sales trump over PC sales for mostly all games(although steam is starting to change that). They want what makes them money, and if they can release a game earlier, and not have all the extra things for the PC, they will do it.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Redeye
    Member Lt
    Member Lt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 823
    Location : Norfolk, The Land of Tea & Crumpets

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 am

    Ahhhh yes, that's a valid point.

    However, that doesn't excuse the fact that patching exists for a reason and they could patch the PC version for servers ASAP after the release (keeping us happy).
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile http://www.notchsark.com
    Lucky...
    PFC
    PFC
    avatar

    Number of posts : 32
    Location : Georgia

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:35 am

    PC version can come out a month later for all I care, as long as they attached the extra do dads and zig zags and babity boops that PCs need. FFS it can't be to hard for them can it? Just reuse COD4s server listing...I know nothing about it but it seriously can't be to hard to insert coding for dedicated servers...and truly consoles are easier a good gaming PC cost well over what a console does, so I can see why consoles trump PC sales, that and because I don't know random oddball number lets says 80% of people probably use Cyberpower or some other pre-built PC company which charges you out the wazoo.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    SemperFi
    W04
    W04
    avatar

    Number of posts : 225

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm

    Americans are stupid when it coems to economics on the dynamics of spending, rather then have Revenues theres tax cuts and it only it only makes it that much worse. think about it companies that have lee way with tax cuts, can also make there own rules. If they where to partially pay into the revenues, you see that prices would be going down lower but also more spending in the way of job growth. when you have those 2 things, you have a good chance of making something successive for you have the money saved up.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    <><
    Member Sgt
    Member Sgt
    avatar

    Number of posts : 26
    Location : Dundee, Michigan

    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:03 am

    Badger wrote:
    Americans are stupid when it coems to economics on the dynamics of spending, rather then have Revenues theres tax cuts and it only it only makes it that much worse. think about it companies that have lee way with tax cuts, can also make there own rules. If they where to partially pay into the revenues, you see that prices would be going down lower but also more spending in the way of job growth. when you have those 2 things, you have a good chance of making something successive for you have the money saved up.

    Why was this posted here!!! It has absolutely nothing to do with Moder Warfare 3 or anything that was being said. This is a classic example of posting in the wrong section.

    BTW Redeye, I still stand by me Multi-player games out live single player games. Even if it is a good RPG you can only play the same thing so many times. Multi-player games have a unlimited amount of variation in the way things can play out. Even if Moder Warfare 3 isn't that great it will still likely survive longer than a single-player game just because the variation in it's multi-player gaming.

    Also, they probably don't release the patches with the PC version because the time between console release and PC release is probably used converting everything form console controls and resolution to PC. Also PC has various texture and render settings that are put into the game for people with computers that can quite run the game at full settings. There is more work put into the PC version so I can see why everything on PC comes later then on console.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Sponsored content




    PostSubject: Re: Lolz mw3   

    Back to top Go down
     
    Lolz mw3
    View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 1
     Similar topics
    -
    » Lolz Guess what!

    Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    .uNop:: :: Games :: CoD Series-
    Jump to: